Tuesday 20 September 2011

I know I am missing the family when...


(1) I spend most of the evening worrying about how to get the house nice and clean when it is all packed up.  I don't mean that as a sexist comment, but Esther is renowned for her insatiable desire to keep a spick and span house.  There was one time when I got told off for not cleaning the skirting boards before a party - now that is tidy!!

(2) I phone a friend to find a cleaner at 7 o'clock in the evening, without thinking that it might be bed time for other families.

(3) The highlight of the evening (after the phone call) is sitting on the couch watching the rugby - France vs Russia - two countries where I have no affiliation and the only focus is the $3 bet on whether total points in the game is more than 46.
How I feel - not how I look (too much I hope)

OK, it is true.  Ive missed the family from day one.  Only another 3 weeks to go until I head overseas - lots more rugby and cleaning to happen before that - and perhaps a few more beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment